I’ve blogged here before about the Library’s ebooks and our Patron-Driven Acquisition (PDA) program for ebooks. We’ve set up a program that includes certain ebooks in Quick Search, the library discovery tool that replaced our traditional library catalog. Users like you can discover these titles, and with just a few clicks, begin reading an ebook online – unaware that we don’t yet “own” it. Well, after a few reads, the PDA program triggers the Library to buy that item. Simple!
So, just as an fyi, below are just a few more of the great ebook titles in our areas of interest that have been acquired via our PDA program. If you happened to trigger any of these acquisitions, thanks very much!
- Antebellum Slave Narratives : Cultural and Political Expressions of Africa
- Gay Rights and Moral Panic : The Origins of America’s Debate on Homosexuality
- Feminism and War
- Guide to Doing Statistics in Second Language Research Using SPSS
- Language Curriculum Design
- Political Communication in Asia
- Routledge Contemporary China : Innovation in China : The Chinese Software Industry
- Sexuality in World History
- Ultimate Spanish Phrase Finder
- Women, Science, and Technology : A Reader in Feminist Science Studies
- Women Speaking Up : Getting and Using Turns in Workplace Meetings